Talented Visual Designer wanted (f,m,d)
Designers! What if you could use your talent, skills, and experience to fight climate change, and be paid well for it? Let’s create real, measurable impact instead of wasting our talent on profit-driven companies. If that sounds exciting to you, meet Klima.
Klima is a design-driven consumer app that allows individuals to fight climate change by compensating their emissions and teaching them how to reduce their carbon footprint. After scoring an Apple Design Award finalist nomination this year and closing a successful Series A fundraise we’re now looking for the best designers out there to push Klima’s visual game to the next level. In other words: We want to pay you to create impact. By doing what you love most and what you're best at: DESIGN.
- Company size 25, scaling to 40 right now
- HQ in a bright office space in Mitte
- Sustainable everything: Furniture, food, activities, benefits.
- Series A-financed, plenty of runway
- Our one success metric: Tons of CO2e taken out of the atmosphere
We’re looking for more design firepower with a STRONG focus on visual aesthetics and a fresh, modern, and minimalist style. In typical startup fashion, the role spans across all our departments and initiatives. Here’s all the things you’d be working on in close collab with our Co-Founder Jonas, who’s also the Lead Designer of the company:
We’re currently executing our exciting roadmap of both mobile and web-based product features that all need A-level design. That could be new onboarding screens for our app or an immersive web portrait of one of our amazing climate projects — designed for both desktop and mobile websites.
At Klima, we believe that we have to run fantastic and inspiring ads to inspire thousands to join the fight against climate change. Together with our creative marketing team, you’ll design landing pages, campaigns, assets or posters to help educate and convert thousands.
Together with the comms team, you’ll design infographics, illustrations, and product feature portraits for our content channels — presenting Klima in the best way possible.
You’re also invited to challenge our existing brand direction. We’re striving for a modern, minimalist, and trustworthy brand identity that unlocks the potential of individual climate action.
What we offer
- High degree of autonomy
- Top-of-the-line equipment
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Subsidized gym membership, free metro ticket, bike subscription, and compensation of your personal CO2e footprint
- Flexible hours and a remote-friendly environment
What you bring
- Visual excellence
- Wide range of experience across mobile, web, graphic design or even print.
- We’re Figma addicts. Ideally you know your way around components, autolayout, etc.
- A passion for social good — environmental and climate change experience a plus
- Curiosity, adaptability, and a sense of ownership towards your tasks
- A keen eye for detail
- Conversational English (German a plus!)
If you’re looking for an incredible opportunity, a great place to work, and a chance to make a difference, we’re excited to consider your application! Please share previous work or your portfolio that highlights your style and visual talent.
We are committed to diversity and equity and seek to build an inclusive workplace that welcomes people from all different backgrounds.
A note on Covid-19 and WFH
We want you to stay safe during the Covid-19 pandemic! Many of us are still working from home, and if you join us, we’ll provide all the equipment you need to make your home office experience as productive and enjoyable as possible.